The Kentucky Department for Public Health, in collaboration with the Kentucky Department of Education and CDC, has issued guidance for schools on how to safely reopen for the upcoming school year amid the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic. The complete document can be accessed here.
In summation, the main points of the guidelines are as follows:
• Students must wear a mask on buses.
• Students must have a temperature check before entering school.
• Students should adhere to the 6 ft social distancing rule as much as possible.
• Students (1st grade and above) must wear a mask when moving through the building or when unable to adhere to social distancing.
• Staff will work with students with medical waivers on an individual basis.
• All staff must wear masks.
• Cloth masks are preferred so that they may be laundered and machine dried.
With these points in mind, we would like to have your thoughts and input on the best way for Metcalfe County to open schools on August 31. Please consider the following information as you respond.
1. Full load – is the equivalent of every student in-class, in-person every day.
2. Hybrid model – is a blend of in-person classes and NTI. One possible example: Half of the student body will attend in-person classes two days a week. The other half of the student body will attend in-person classes two other days of the week. Day five will rotate. On days when students are not in the school building, they will be responsible for content similar to the NTI process.
3. Full NTI – means students are not in the school building at all (except as individually scheduled appointments). Instruction is delivered via digital curriculum or in a personalized manner that is best equipped to serve the individual student.
• The curriculum/content will be the same under all models.
• Extra-curricular activities are available to students under all options.
• Masks will be provided if students choose not to bring their own.
• Students may switch in or out of the full NTI model at appropriate times during the year.
• Students who refuse to wear a mask at the appropriate times will have the choice to spend the day distanced from other students or to participate in full NTI.
CLICK HERE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SURVEY.