Horatio Alger Scholarships - DEADLINE: October 25, 2018
- For students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, and desire to contribute to society
- For more information and to apply go to https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/
ACT Student Champions $500 non-renewable scholarship- DEADLINE: October 31, 2018
- High school seniors who have overcome challenges and can articulate their education and/or career actions
- At a minimum students must have a composite ACT score of 22 on a single test date
- To apply go to www.act.org/readinesschampions click in Student Champions Application
Coca-Cola Scholarships - DEADLINE: October 31, 2018
Voice of Democracy Scholarship - DEADLINE: October 31, 2018
- Patriotic Audio Essay Competition where you must record a 3-5 minute essay on a CD or flashdrive
- Visit https://www.vfw.org/VOD for more information and to apply
Prudential spirit of Community Award - DEADLINE: November 6, 2018
- $1,000 scholarship and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C.
- Recognizes students who have made a difference through volunteering
- For more information and to apply go to http://spirit.prudential.com
KSBA First Degree College Scholarships - DEADLINE: November 1, 2018
- Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded (one male and one female) to students who are the first members of their immediate family (parents, guardians, siblings) to get a get a college degree
- Must have a minimum ACT reading score of 20
- See Mrs. Harbison/Judd for an application
Hagan Scholarship- DEADLINE: November 15, 2018
- Must have 3.5 GPA
- Must have a minimum ACT score of 23
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of each academic year of college
- Must complete FAFSA in 2018- EFC must be less than $6500
- For more information and to apply www.hsfmo.org
KASBO Scholarship- DEADLINE: Received by December 14, 2018
- $2500 scholarship to 3 Ky high school seniors majoring in buisness or education
- Completed application- must be typed
- Two letters of recommendation
- Counselor verification form in sealed official envelop
- Application found at www.kasbo.com
- Scholarships range from $200- $40,000
- Scholarships awared through monthly drawings
- Program begins in December, but you can complete some othe steps now Collegeboard website
- Sign up now to recieve notification when the program launches
National BETA Scholarship - DEADLINE January 24, 2019
- 12th grade students who are active National Beta members and duly registered with the national headquarters by November 1, of their senior year, are eligible to apply and participate in the scholarship competition.
- Selection of National Beta Scholarship winners is based on a number of factors with special emphasis on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership, commendable character, school and community service, as well as National Beta Involvement.
- Application opens November 1, 2018
Free Speech Essay Contest - DEADLINE: Janurary 31, 2019
- Open to juniors and seniors in U.S. high schools
- Students must submit an essay between 800 and 1,000 words
- One $10,000 first prize, one $5,000 second prize, and three $1,000 runner-up prizes will be awarded for the best essays. Four $500 winners will be chosen from the remaining entrants in a drawing.
- Application found at THEFIRE.ORG/CONTEST
Drive Smart Contest, sponsored by CTIA Wireless Foundation, grand-prize $10,000 scholarship and other prizes.
- Who: 13 to 18-year-old U.S. and PR residents
- What: Create an original 15 to 60 second digital short
- When: October 15, 2018 through January 6, 2019
- How: Students register, create and submit their digital short online and may submit multiple entries https://www.drivesmartnow.com/.
- Why: Over $26,000 in prizing for students and teachers/mentors. Plus, one random entrant will be chosen out of each week's entries to receive a $100 gift card!
Mediacom World Class Scholarship - DEADLINE: February 15, 2019
- Completed application with your signature and the signature of your school guidance counselor.
- A copy of your high school transcript.
- Your essay of about 500 words, typed and double spaced.
- The references of two educators from your school, using pages 9 and 10 of this application.
- Mail all application materials postmarked on or before February 15, 2019.
KFRW Kentucky Federation of Republican Women - DEADLINE: April 1, 2019
- $1500 scholarship to a senior girl politically active in the Republican Party
- One-paged essay about Republican women you admire
- Official copy of high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- application or see Harbison/Judd