AGRICULTURE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR SCHOLARSHIP Deadline January 22, 2019
- (4) $1000 scholarships and (2) $2000 scholarships (one male and one female)
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Accepted to a higher education 2 year, 4 year or trade school institution (Though an Agriculture major is not required and preference will be given to Kentucky colleges, out of state schools will be considered if seeking specialized degree in the Agriculture field)
- SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS SELECTED AS FINALISTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING :
- Two letters of recommendation (1 touching on your impact in Agriculture and 1 touching on your impact in athletics)
- SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING AS A CONDITION TO RECEIVING THE AWARD:
- 3 pictures illustrating 1) involvement in sports, 2) involvement in agriculture and 3) a head and shoulders picture (i.e. school picture)
- A copy of acceptance letter of the institution you will be attending and/or class schedule for 1st semester.
- Online Application
- Scholarships range from $200- $40,000
- Scholarships awared through monthly drawings
- Program begins in December, but you can complete some othe steps now Collegeboard website
- Sign up now to recieve notification when the program launches
National BETA Scholarship - DEADLINE January 24, 2019
- 12th grade students who are active National Beta members and duly registered with the national headquarters by November 1, of their senior year, are eligible to apply and participate in the scholarship competition.
- Selection of National Beta Scholarship winners is based on a number of factors with special emphasis on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership, commendable character, school and community service, as well as National Beta Involvement.
- Application opens November 1, 2018
Free Speech Essay Contest - DEADLINE: Janurary 31, 2019
- Open to juniors and seniors in U.S. high schools
- Students must submit an essay between 800 and 1,000 words
- One $10,000 first prize, one $5,000 second prize, and three $1,000 runner-up prizes will be awarded for the best essays. Four $500 winners will be chosen from the remaining entrants in a drawing.
- Application found at THEFIRE.ORG/CONTEST
Drive Smart Contest, sponsored by CTIA Wireless Foundation, grand-prize $10,000 scholarship and other prizes.
- Who: 13 to 18-year-old U.S. and PR residents
- What: Create an original 15 to 60 second digital short
- When: October 15, 2018 through January 6, 2019
- How: Students register, create and submit their digital short online and may submit multiple entries https://www.drivesmartnow.com/.
- Why: Over $26,000 in prizing for students and teachers/mentors. Plus, one random entrant will be chosen out of each week's entries to receive a $100 gift card!
Mediacom World Class Scholarship - DEADLINE: February 15, 2019
- Completed application with your signature and the signature of your school guidance counselor.
- A copy of your high school transcript.
- Your essay of about 500 words, typed and double spaced.
- The references of two educators from your school, using pages 9 and 10 of this application.
- Mail all application materials postmarked on or before February 15, 2019.
KY Farm Bureau Scholarship- DEADLINE February 28, 2019
- $500 to a Metcalfe County High School student
- 3.5 GPA or 23 ACT score
- Ky Farm Bureau Member
KFRW Kentucky Federation of Republican Women - DEADLINE: April 1, 2019
- $1500 scholarship to a senior girl politically active in the Republican Party
- One-paged essay about Republican women you admire
- Official copy of high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- application or see Harbison/Judd
The HOPE Scholarship- EWC- DEADLINE: April 19, 2019
- $1000 to a Metcalfe County High School Senior
- complete a service project, service, or act that will benefit someone in Metcalfe County
- Submit and essay detailing the impacts
- Printable Application or in Guidance office