Students in 3rd-5th are learning how to use the Destiny online catalog to search for book availability. They will be testing over this content October 22-25.
How to Use the Destiny Online Catalog
• Go to the District website
• Click the tab “Student/Teacher Programs and Logins”
• Find the “Destiny” link on that page
• Click Metcalfe County Elementary School
• If you are looking for a specific title, type the name into the search box and click “Title”
• If you are looking for books by a specific author, type the author’s last name and click “Author”
• For particular subject areas, for example, basketball, historical fiction, fairy tales, type that into the search box and click “Subject”
o When your results appear, you may click the title link to find out more about the book.
o The far right hand side tells you how many of that book we have and if it is available or checked out.
• You may also check the middle and high school catalogs, using the same method. We have an shared book loan program within our libraries.